The Wodonga Show Society was formed from a public meeting held on 5th May 1947. A report, following an inspection of the Wodonga Racecourse, stated an area of it would make an excellent show arena. There has been a Wodonga Show Society and Annual Show ever since; 1949, except for 2015. This will be our 71st show.
The Wodonga Showgrounds are part of the precinct known as Wodonga Racecourse, Recreation and Showground Reserve, with the Showgrounds coming under the ownership and control of the Wodonga Show Society Inc. The money for the purchase of the showground land was raised by debentures. In 1948 an advertisement was placed in the Border Morning Mail and Sentinel calling applications from persons interested in taking Debentures. By mid 1949 debentures were fully subscribed at £1200 and land had been purchased.
The Wodonga Show Society Inc is made up of interested community members who volunteer to work and plan all year with the purpose of maintaining the Show grounds and putting on the Annual Show in March each year. The Society also provides a home ground to several community organisations including Wodonga Pony Club,, Albury/Wodonga Wood Crafters, Albury/Wodonga Pipe band and the Model Railway Club. The Society is always keen to welcome new members.